Attorneys can earn four general Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and serve their community all at once by volunteering to work the polls on Election Day!
Here’s how it works:
- Attorneys are trained to become Precinct Election Officials, receiving special instruction for election protection.
- Attorneys will be placed at polling locations on Election Day that have historically experienced some issues.
- Attorneys receive four CLE credits AND are paid a stipend for working the polls.
- There is no cost to enroll. This course has been approved by the Ohio Supreme Court for four (4) general CLE credits.
Attorneys must commit to serve as Precinct Election Officials (poll workers) for the March 17, 2020 Primary Election in order to participate in this training. Workers are paid the normal salary for Election Officials in addition to receiving the CLE credits.
Attorneys may choose from two training classes, which will take place at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association on the following dates:
- Thursday, January 30 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Registration is required. To register or learn more, contact Roseanne Maloney at 216-443-3232 ext. 7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.