The March 15 Primary Election will be here before you know it. Here are our top ten reasons to vote early by mail:
- Vote on your own schedule. So many of us are juggling work, taking care of our families, running errands, exercising, volunteering, etc. that voting in person can be a hassle. Vote at your leisure when it’s convenient for you. This especially holds true for those who will be traveling on March 15.
- It’s easy. Voting comes to you! How easy is that? After you request your vote-by-mail ballot, the Board of Elections will mail you the ballot and all you need to do is complete it and mail it back.
- You still get a sticker. Everyone’s favorite part of voting, right?
- Every vote counts. All votes are counted as soon as ballots arrive back at the Board of Elections. Now you can even get a text or email to confirm your vote has been counted through VoterNotify.
- There’s no place like home. Vote from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Take your time. Never heard of that candidate running for judge or councilman? Say no more! When voting from home you’re just a quick Google search away from researching candidates to make educated decisions as you go.
- You can vote in your pajamas. But really.
- Avoid lines on Election Day. More people come out to the polls in presidential election years. Don’t let this happen to you (Election Day 2008):
- Safe and secure. Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted has solved the issue of counting ballots that arrive after Election Day without a postmark. No more worries! Read about it here: Ohio absentee ballot postmark fix proposed by Secretary of State Jon Husted
- Get it over with. Already know who you’re voting for? Then why wait? Go ahead and vote already!
Click here to download your vote-by-mail application.
To learn more about voting by mail, call 216-443-VOTE or visit: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elections/Voters/absenteeVoting.aspx#byMail
Author: Cathy Bajic, Community Outreach Coordinator, Cuyahoga County Board of Elections