This month we are proud to recognize some of our most loyal and long-time poll workers. We can rely on these election officials to successfully run elections at their polling locations, return for work election after election, and set an example for their fellow workers.
Staff from our election officials department nominated high-achieving workers for the following recognition categories:
- Leadership Awards
- Voting Location Managers and Directors for outstanding leadership
- Service & Loyalty Awards
- Longest-serving election official in Cuyahoga County (62 elections!)
- Election officials having served 30+ elections
- Achievement Awards
- Individual Precinct Election Officials for outstanding performance
- Entire polling locations achieving outstanding performance
Each award winner received a personalized thank-you letter and certificate for their accomplishments. Overall, 250 poll workers were recognized for their service, and 300 certificates were mailed out, as some workers received more than one recognition. Thousands of workers are typically hired to work a single election.
Congratulations to these workers who demonstrate exceptional leadership and service!
Become a Poll Worker
If you are a leader looking to serve your community, becoming a poll worker is a great way to do just that! Poll workers earn about $172.00 for each election they work. Click here to learn more about the open positions and apply online.